Lots of Love for Kuching.

6:43 pm

Hey! What's good?
Another travel update coming thruuu. This was months ago but I feel like I would regret it if I don't get this one posted. This was in my draft for months! hehhhhh! Indeed, #PEMALAS.

  
It always feels good to go out from town and go on a short trip. Miri to Kuching is only an hour flight away, but my last time here was a few years back. Oh Kuching, how I missed you. My dad had an award event to attend, so being the troublesome child that I am, I said I wanted to join and my dad said okay, so thanks dad! It was my semester break after all, so why not? 

We stayed in Pullman Hotel Kuching for our 5 days stay. The room was satisfying, but improvements should be taken by the hotel management especially in terms of housekeeping. We were constantly underwhelmed by the condition of our room when we come back to the room. However, their receptionists and bellboys were A+! Kind and professional people. Give them a raise! #joelreviews





i love vast view of the sky!

One reason why I was glad to be in Kuching is because I got to meet my friends in Kuching! I may have not met each and every one of my friends there, but getting to meet and hangout with some of my close friends in Kuching was truly special to me. I spent the entire Wednesday in Kuching with my friends who are studying in UNIMAS. (not-so-fun fact: I almost became a student there as well). First on the list.. a burger date! 
 We went around Kuching with a rented car, It was my first time driving in Kuching. Woots! We then went for burgers because I told my friend, Rene to take me on a food hunt. And, yes, I loooove burgers!


📍 COSMOS BURGER
169, 801-2B Jalan Tun Jugah, 93350 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia


The burgers here are excellent with quite a variety to choose from. Also, the cool interior
of the diner made it super comfortable to just chill out with family and friends. We went during non-peak hours, so the restaurant was still empty. I heard the restaurant is usually filled with people in Kuching. Overall, it's a pretty excellent burger place!

I then drove to UNIMAS to pick up my other friends whom I was gonna spend the whole day with. I was happy to be able to be there, knowing that I almost became a student there. Imaginations were running wild on how my life would be if I was a student there, haha!

I then drove back to town to pick up another friend and we went for another round of food!

📍 YUMMY YANG WESTERNS
112 Ground Floor Block A Icom Square, Jalan Pending, 93450 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia





We had western food and pastas. Honestly, the food was just okay. Nothing really signifacant to brag about, haha. However, the restaurant had a pretty cool ambiance with some K-pop inspired poster, etc. Also, they had a cool wall where you can paste sticky notes on! I had fun catching up with my friends here!

Unsure whether to go next, we ended up in one of the most popular spot in Kuching!

📍 KUCHING WATERFRONT
Jalan Main Bazaar, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia


 We got into a boat to the other side of the river. Cost up only RM1.00/person. Truth be told, we didn't plan anything, so we went with whatever seems fun! The boat trip took less than 5 minutes. As we reached the other side of the river, we took a stroll around, and ended up having cendol from one of the stalls available!


Went back to the car and again, had no idea where to go. But, everyone wasn't fond to end the day just yet. We then decided to go chill out at a cafe.

📍 KOPI-C CAFE, CHINAHOUSE
Jalan Tun Abang Haji Openg, 93000 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia




 The shop had a huge variety of cakes and beverages to choose from! It was a cool cafe with amazing creative interiors with dim settings. A perfect spot for a date *smirks* They also provide board games for the customers. All in all, this place was a great chill-out spot. We were there until they had to kick up out because it was almost closing time! LOL. (they told us politely, ofcourse)
 

That was the end of my day out with these great friends of mine. Oh, we were all from the same high school! I drove back to Pullman Hotel, then I said my goodbyes as they drove back to UNIMAS. I had a great time, undoubtedly. Thank you!



For the other days, my parents and I went to The Spring and Vivacity Mall. We also joined the crowd for the Sushi King Buffet promotion. Man, I was super duper full with unlimited number of sushi! Shopping sprees were done, especially in our favourite fashion outlet, H&M! Borongggg!
  
Hey, Look who I met in the hotel's elevator! 



It's Atu Zero, the comedian!

And, here's one of the highlight from trip! LAKSA!

📍 CHONG CHOON CAFE 泉春茶室
275, Jalan Chan Chin Ann, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia


Mhmm. You cannot go to Kuching and not try the famous Laksa Sarawak! This shop was one of the most recommended one of Google and guess what, we walked to the cafe from the hotel! It took us about 15 minutes under the sun with the help of the trusted GPS. Was it worth it? Definitely. Super nice breakfast for our last day in Kuching!

I had an amazing time in Kuching and I would wanna go Kuching and visit more places with more people! Indeed, I have lots of love for Kuching! 😄

sidenote; I'm currently on a 1 month break! Yayy!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading! 😎
JL

You Might Also Like

0 COMMENTS

LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS HERE